Sunday, September 15, 2013

School Days

I am excited to say that I was recently invited to participate in a photography blog circle by my friend Sarah. We are given a different topic each month and this month's topic was School Days. I had a hard time with this one since my son didn't start school until September 11. On our way to the first day of school I noticed that the city felt different, not only because everyone was back from their summer vacations but because it was the 12 year anniversary of September 11, 2001. The looks on faces was not quite the same, and there was a quietness, even though there were throngs of people on the streets. Here is what we encountered on our way to the first day of school.






 
Please continue around the circle to see what my new friend and photographer Katherine has done this month for School Days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. You are right about the quiet in NYC on 9/11. I love the shot of your son walking. Beautiful.