Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Workers

Mr.Chow
 
I've become that annoying person that always has their camera. This was taken while walking home from a date night with my husband. The photo was taken around 7:30pm. This Mr. Chow waiter was standing perfectly, and his white crisp jacket looked great against the old brick and iron in the background. I quickly grabbed my camera and shot without the settings correctly set. The result was an image a bit underexposed but I still really like it. The image would also be a bit better if there weren't the two diners behind him. Taken with 50mm.

Walking Suits
 
These guys caught my eye because one of them was holding a basket which looked kind of funny to me considering they're in suits. I like the leading lines created by the iron facade, and stoop on the left. They seem to balance the men on the right.  I don't mind that we don't see their faces, as it adds a bit of intrigue to the image.
Flower Man

It was midday when this was taken so the sun was especially harsh. To protect the flowers from wilting, a bamboo screen was pulled down with enough room for this man to work. The way the light was softened by the screen, resulted in beautiful light on the flowers and his hand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the Mr. Chow. My eye went right to his face and white jacket. I didn't notice the people behind him until you brought it to our attention.
I also like the Suits, perhaps they were all together after leaving a conference. Basket full of freebies.
Its cool how screen is reflected on his hair and hand.

Anonymous said...

How interesting it would be if you could find a picture of the same street and same building circa 1920-30