Friday, January 31, 2014

Everyday Moments - Light

           "Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are
          worth, and you will know the key to photography.”  - George Eastman

This month our Everyday Moments photography circle has decided to focus on light.  It's been hard to capture anything outside without my hands feeling frostbitten. This month's circle post is a bit of a hodgepodge. There is no theme here, except playing with light. The first photo was taken during the midmorning harsh sun. I liked the shadows created by the fire escape above. The next photo was taken at night while out with Sarah Murchison in Tribeca. Our friend and fellow photographer, Meredith, showed us a new technique called freelensing. It's a fun technique where you remove your lens but hold it up to your sensor, providing you with a dreamy blurred image.

 North side of Duane Street
South side of Reade Street, looking East towards the Reade Street Pub


Please join me around the circle and to see what Jennifer has done this month.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great images. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Great images! Love your experimenting with the second image. Thanks for sharing!

Serendipityissweet said...

Great shots! I have yet to try free lensing but it's on my list. Very creative use of light. Well done!

Serendipityissweet said...

Great shots! I have yet to try free lensing, but it's on my to do list. Very creative use of light. Well done!

Serendipityissweet said...

Great shots! Very creative use of light. I have yet to try free lensing, but it's on my to do list. Well done!

Katherine said...

Interesting about the free lensing, I've never tried that. I do really love all the lines and shapes you captured with the shadows in the BW image. Love BW!